Operational Management of
Medical Gas Pipeline Systems
Operational Management of Medical Gas Pipeline Systems
Proudly supported and sponsored by Chemtronics Biomedical Engineering and Hospitech Facilities and Asset Management
Dates: October 2018
Location: TO be advised
MGPS Training, a well-established New Zealand based training provider is hosting its highly successful Medical Gas Pipeline System training for the first time in Australia.
The presenter is Peter Williams BSc (Hons), PGD, HIHEEM, IHSM, an experienced trainer and Medical Gases Authorising Engineer who has been providing specialist training since 1983.
Peter has been training Hospital Staff for over 30 years, including training many authorised persons under the UK department of Health guidance document HTM02/01. He has been teaching courses in NZ annually since 2013.
The focus of this training course is keeping medical gas supplies safe through best practice management and is not a technical course on testing and maintaining medical gas systems which is the focus of the Australian Standard AS2896. Using the guidelines contained within the British HTM02/01, a guidance document that specifically addresses operational management, Peter will provide insight into the life cycle management components of medical gas systems. These are often overlooked with a belief that this is an area that should be covered by the maintaining contractors. He will also cover operational aspects of medical gas systems and highlight common issues, some that frequently go un-noticed. History has shown that there are gaps that need to be addressed in a formal and structured way.
Who could benefit from this course?
- Ensure best practice operational and maintenance policies and procedures are in place
Clinical Risk Managers
- Understand the risks, be confident that appropriate risk mitigation strategies are in place
– Be fully aware of operations and backup systems and how these are designed to operate
– Fully understand what your contractors are doing, and confidently challenge observed issues or concerns
– Be familiar with the systems that biomedical equipment connects to, and the impact to equipment operation if medical gas systems are not functional to standards or being operated correctly
Upon completion of this course you will be confident in operational aspects of medical gas systems and understand what situations have occurred which have caused loss of life, large scale damage to equipment and disruption to clinical services.
The Content will include:
The Course Outline-:
• Standards / Guidance Documents
• Sources of Supply
• Installation Validation / Testing
• Operational policy / procedures
• Incidents and lessons that can be learnt from them
• Risk management
Lunch and refreshments will be provided as well as a course workbook.
Registrations can made for this course through www.mgps.co.nz/registermelbourne
Or email details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost of attendance is $875+ GST. A tax invoice will be issued by Chemtronics to allow payment in Australian currency and the ability to claim back GST.
Attendance details and an invoice will be sent out prior to the course.
If you have any questions about this please contact me at any time.